Game On!



Sports! A big turn on! How, from when, no clue, but yeah, they are always there to boost up my energy levels.

To some extent I can say that, I like games. Not love, but actually like. There is a subtle difference between these two words, isn't it?

Well, a cricket match has always intrigued me. I still believe that it is just a ball game where actually only few players play while others just stand around. For the records, I love it when India wins any cup or beats Pakistan, I guess, its just the patriotic in me bounces now and then. Nevertheless, I adore some of the cricketers, obviously not only for their play but also for their demeanor. But the game itself need some more chances to convince me, and with the addition of the IPL, it has a very long way to go!

I was introduced to badminton at a fairly young age but I still dread that I gave it up for studies! I should have continued it. Playing badminton is anytime the best stress buster for me, in-spite of knowing all this, I gave up on it! Not done. Why did I do that still has no answer, yes, I can always pick it up, but then I don't!

Another thing that kills me is that I was a namesake sports captain for the branch and I hardly coordinated any of the matches. The things were different then and I so wish that the circumstances were a little more different. Well, anyway!

Other than that I am a happy watcher of rest of the games. The pace of a basketball match, the blocks on the volleyball court, the slick wrist-work in a tennis/ badminton/ hockey/ squash match or the finesse of a gymnast - mesmerizing! There are just enough sports to keep one engaged.

The indoor games, outdoor games, childhood games, board games, racing games, video games, so tough to pick one! The board, indoor and the video games are best explored when with cousins or friends (yes, when together, we still play the hide-n-seek, business, cards or just come up with any game).

A game can involve so many emotions at the word go! The Ah's! followed by a superb shot or the Oh's! followed by a really dull ball, the nail-biting near last point finishes, the joys and celebrations when the favorite player/ team wins or just discussing about the moves, an experience worth of cherishing! No doubt, we are the most engrossed, obsessed and tensed ones during the match. We feel like, we are actually on field, playing! And sometimes, we just become the know-all guides where we just yell the do's and don't from a distance, guarantee, not audible to any of the players.

Well, if court is a smaller one, things like this can always happen - a really witty reply from Steffi Graf -


He: Steffi.. will you marry me??
  She: How much money do you have!! ]

Many prefer watching a good game at home sitting on a couch with some popcorn but I always believe that the match can be watched the best when on the stadium stand with the whole bunch of crowd, cheering (read yelling), supporting. It just magnifies the experience by volumes! We actually get to see the emotions, and to be perfectly honest, I have always been curious to know - what happens on the court when they show us the commercials on the television, we get to know the answer to that too!

Wishlist - 

# Watch Wimbledon final - Live
# Watch almost every other likable sport's final (including cricket, gosh, still haven't watched a live cricket match) - Live



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!