All is Okay !





It’s been nearly two months that I am here, and so far all is good! Initially had troubles, but then eventually they all sorted. Some were major and some minor like crossing the road, which product to buy from the market and major like how to approach the professors, pay the online fees or the making the ID card, using the library or which courses to select! In-fact needed guidance in each and every little thing like provision for my bedding, sim card, using the laundry or post office or for that matter can I drink the hot water from the tap or locking and opening the doors too! Haha!

When I look back it seems a little funny and weird and different! But then I had the help from my roommates, they really helped me a lot, made me meet friends. You really need an initial help and I deeply appreciate them for that!

Now, I think the 'missing home' phase is over and I am actually ready to face the reality!

Here, every other day is a learning process, actually realizing it now when I am here. Had always heard that phrase back home, but it has struck here. To be perfectly honest, I don't feel like I am in US, but yes when I video chat with Aai – Baba (Mom – Dad), I feel it then! Again a weird situation isn't it?

The atmosphere here is great - both academically and the actual climate! The weather is totally unpredictable! If it is sunny in the morning, it can be extremely cold in the evenings! The professors and the students are very professional (at-least the graduate level). Great classrooms, interactive students. The teacher-student rapport is incredible! We have the habit of calling our teachers as Sir/Madam, here they personalize it! It is more appealing. Imagine someone calling you Mr/ Mrs or Sir/ Madam, indeed Mr will win (my views!). The lectures get recorded and we can access the lectures online, the notes are available online. Great infrastructure, reading areas and libraries! The book shelves are sliding, perfect positions for periodicals or reference books, proper lighting, seating arrangements, white boards and pens for group study area, separate cubicles for studying and plenty of charging points! Everything is arranged in patterns here! Right from the buildings to the guards of the trees!

And yes, cleanliness! I was shocked to see no bikes or horns on the roads but the cars and a fire truck with its horrible siren! And yeah, no emission from the vehicles! It is so silent here, not at all used to it. Sometimes it freaks me out! The bad thing is, all are inside the shut doors, and no one keeps their doors open. I find it somewhat unwelcoming and hard to approach. Yes, you can always knock and enter inside, but the idea one gets from an open door can't be compared to the closed one!

The people here are helpful and cheerful! Always to the time and polite to the core. They greet you with a sweet smile even if you come across them in a lift! This is something unusual which we never come across in India. People actually stop their trucks when they see someone crossing the pedestrian.

We have a 'free food' concept here! 'Free Pizza' nights, 'Free Biryani' nights, 'International Night' or a 'Chai Time'. Many events to mingle, but the time constraints! I try to attend them and try to interact. At one such night, I interacted with some American girls. They were really impressed when we told them that we cook together and equal to zero roommate issues! We talked about movies, cuisines and the places to shop and visit nearby! It was fun. I look forward to meet some others too!

The playing area is superb here! We have all sports, wall climbing (I did try that :) ), billiards, snooker, and the regulars basketball, badminton, tennis, gym.. You name it, you have it, (um don't have a shooting area though!) Rest all is provided. Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, Aerobics and what not!

It is like a perfect place to be! It is like even the 24 hours are less. And I am like, I want to do everything! Studies, the sports, all the events! I don't know, how much I will actually do, still there is always the possibility! The real thrill is in the thought that, I can do so many things here!

Hmm! I have to be very particular about studies, homework and assignments, yet to get a hang of it, hope to get it soon. Other than that, all is okay! I am learning to cook, to be smart, confident and intelligent :D


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!