Long or Short !




Working as a freelance writer in a newspaper for four years has made me to elaborate the things so much! I always had ‘this topic must have about 800 words (sometimes 1000 too!)’ instructions. Before entering this field I had this weird concept that to be an appealing writer you need to write long verses and sentences and they no doubt should have heavy words. Not only that, he needs to be the one who knows all the words! Practically looking at it, this is not really necessary! He should be a great story teller, honest and true in his writings. The one thing that will hold the reader till the end without skipping the middle tales is the narration! If he is successful in capturing reader’s attention, bang on, got a follower! Indeed, a good vocabulary always comes in handy! The basic idea is to make a reader understand what you actually want to convey! There are so many minute concepts regarding writing all covered by those informational sites! The one thing a writer must take into consideration is his ‘subject’! If it’s for general public, using all the articulation is impressive, but is it likeable? To be really honest, it is not! Sadly, the number of voracious readers is very less. It’s all about the content and the concept and the masses!

Being a newbie in this blog world, I have its own advantages and disadvantages! Disadvantages being, I am clueless how to increase my page visits, how to craft the blog, tag the posts and how to make a likable post! The advantages being, I get to experiment, I get all the encouragement to continue writing and suddenly people recognize me!

Keeping all these things apart, do we really think about all these things when we write? Never, right? I mean, when the writing bug bites me I can keep writing on and on till 4am or 5am (usually the bug bites me at some 11pm or 12am!) I bet this must the same case with everyone! It’s like a heavy dose of an energy drink which keeps you glued to your chair! 

Correct, I write for myself. Is there any harm in that? I mean, they are my views, read it or leave it, your choice, no one is forcing anyone! It’s just a way letting oneself free for a second from all the worldly matters which you know are not going to run away just like that. It gives you a life, to connect with self, always giving some optimistic thoughts! Keeping it long or short is the writer’s choice. But then keeping it short does not mean that it’s not okay! It is always okay! It is just that inherently we are the lazy beings who hate to scroll down if the articles are little more than four to five paragraphs!

Same activity – writing, same aim – getting noticed by readers; but so different circumstances! 

Real question – what to exactly do?
Unanimous answer (99% mine *wink*) – do what we feel like! Short or long, I am going to write, you do anything, your choice!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!