Lakeside, again!




Yet another night ride to the lake. Somehow, I love going to this place. It reminds me of that little lake near my home. The two scenarios of the lakeside are completely opposite; the one back home was at its colorful best and this one is just too mute, yet both of them strike the chord.

This visit was startlingly different.

Damn! Forgot to bring the camera, again!

A little moist climate due to the little showers in the afternoon, gentle breeze and the waves like the silent sea had their day. And alas, no thoughts troubling the mind! Not a single word to think of. I just sat their chatting with my friends and enjoying the breeze. No other things even bothered to touch me. I closed my eyes couple of times, absolute silence! I was able to concentrate. I was not forced to open the eyes by the clamoring thoughts. And the best part, suddenly the awkward silences just vanished. Yes, they found their peace. The unknown and the invisible barriers were broken quite magically. Just like that. Most of the times they are just the matter of perspectives, nevertheless they are there.

Ducks were amusing us by their distant chatter, and other than that, the fishermen were all decked up with their fishing rods. And they caught some! How huge that fish was! They pulled her up, and just eased her pain. She was flapping hard, trying to escape, trying to breathe, she fought and fought to expand her lungs to take in the last drop of air, but, they killed her. She died. Just in few moments she was gone! She stopped fighting back. All of a sudden the wooden plank stopped moving. A weird silence. Just ripples lashing the board and the creaking sound of wood in the background.

Really, death is sudden! Just a matter of few seconds. One second you breathe and the other moment you just stop breathing. Yes, its painful to see someone die.

We continued to sit there. Silently. As I said before, the silence was not awkward at all. We did not need to break that silence. In fact it was comforting. We continued to stare at the ducks. They were playing and poking each other with their beaks. Just roaming around from one end of the lake to the other end. The black ducks were followed by the array of white ones! And suddenly my friend said - White ducks are indeed beautiful, and I said, indeed they are. I was like, hey, I just thought that!

Seriously, white color is so beautiful, it was getting mixed with the black, and losing its identity. Black as a whole is so powerful that with all its might absorbs even the slightest positivism. And if it has to reflect sitting as a backdrop, it glorifies all other colors. Black is beautiful too! It is so easy to get lost in all that black. Nevertheless, it lets you grow, it gives you an opportunity to shine. It gives you a chance to be good by accepting all the bad qualities! 

Wish I could take one of the ducks back home with me. Maybe I will when I have my own house. But, damn, who will take care of them? We have to take care of them so much. I know I will get attached with them really very fast, just like I am with my friends and if they go somewhere or get down by any disease, I will get very upset! Why should I undergo that unnecessary avoidable pain? Was hard to digest the death of Robin. He was a pet of a friend, and I hardly met him two/three times over two years, still I miss that little guy, that little bundle of joy! I know how sad my friend was when her fishes died. I was very sad by just listening to that too. Sigh.

Shweta, Shweta. Shweta! Soo gai thi kya? Ghar jana nai kya? (Did you sleep or what? Don't want to go home?) - And I was broken with the thoughts! Screw you people! I could hear my name, but was not sure, whether they were calling me!

The ride home was so silent! Peaceful. Felt like all the thoughts were drained out by that darkness all of a sudden. Free. Imagine, you are enclosed in a small room for so many days. Alone. And suddenly you find a sunshine. At first, you don't belief you have actually received one, are happy that you are worthy enough of having one, might be skeptical about its vanity and lastly at the end find the hidden happiness. Relief. It is something which gives you a peaceful sleep.

Yes, I have my peaceful sleep back now and some nice friends too :)

Note to self - Should visit the lake more often! Best way to get the mind on track!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!