Silent Talks!




They were sitting motionless on the extreme edges of the sofa, unable to digest what just happened. Speechless. He was staring into the infinity and her tender eyes were filled with volumes of tears more than they could carry. 

Why? How? Was it necessary? Wasn't there a way out? Where did it really go wrong? Was it so sudden? Was it unexpected?

They thought together.

***

She was reading his favorite novel at the place where they first met. He bought his Irish Coffee (non-alcoholic), she had always loved that hazel nut flavor. Just when he was about to go around his seat, he noticed the book and the face buried deep inside it. A glance of the same innocent look that he has always held dear. Yes, they still visit their place.

Should I go to sit with her and have a little talk? Is it still okay to ask about her well-being? Will it be alright to pull the strained nerves, yet again? It won't be that easy to let go, once again. I cannot see her ruining herself for any more days. I have always loved the way we convince each other after those silly fights. I would really appreciate if she convinces me this time. I know she misses me, so do I. I want to have those regular talks that once we had, I know she too wants the same. Those long walks in the garden near our apartment seem so lonely without her. Is she so naive to neglect the void inside? Why is she being so adamant? Why should I always take the first step?

Deciding against all the thoughts, he sat at another place, wishing that she won't notice him. But, she did! How could he forget that she could hear his soft walks or it was more than easy for her to recognize his silhouette among the crowd or she just knew it when he was nearby. Sure, he did not, still wished for it.

It has been nearly a year now, we are still playing the same game. Is he so foolish to understand that I rarely read the book and use it more like an excuse? It has been so many years, still, he is not able to read my eyes? Hasn't he understood that, even if I could always walk first, I would really appreciate it if he does it for me, to make me feel special. I know, we have had rough phases. I believe that we would have many more, but, when is he going to understand that we are destined to be together and that we cannot really be apart. I know he is afraid of me getting hurt again, but, I know I won't. Why is he being so adamant? Why should I always take the first step?

And, she walked away, even today.

***

Somewhere down the long run, they had started taking each other for granted, banking on their ego's forgetting that they were each other's alter-egos!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!