सुमनांजली !




It's not every other day when I am more proud than happy; one of it is today no doubt! Today we have published my Grandmother's poems! "Aaji" as we fondly call her, really defines a lady. Be it the worldliness, generosity, patience, strength, finesse or humbleness, she has it all. At adversity or at any achievement she has held her head on her shoulders and is one of those reliable people to whom we can always turn to. We have seen her journey through her numerous endless stories. Yes, we have seen her broad shoulders turning into tiny skeleton, the strong skin hold to the wrinkles; she is the truest example of aging with grace.

When she is not working in the garden or cooking or taking care of the household chores, she spends her time with us - her grandchildren. Little we know or cared that she has her own life. We have never seen her sitting idle, usually engrossed in the daily routine, yet, she always knows everything. Be it the current events, sports, music, she knows it all. Yes, when we used to sleep late in the mornings she would finish off reading the daily newspaper or pursuing her hobby. I think, my grandmother did the same!

I remember boasting about waking up middle in the night and reciting my first ever poem to her when I was in grade 6. She just said - I know how it feels! I never understood what she meant then, I was ecstatic about my poem and little disheartened as she never told me how it was! But, now, I know, what she meant then! (Did you see yourself in me Aaji? Say yes, say yes!!). And, a couple of years later, she read out her poems to me! Yaayi, a privilege! Being a possessive big girl about her poems, no one was allowed to read them. (Have no idea why!). And we managed to publish those poems! (Talk about sneaking around her table!)

Happy, proud and satisfied we are!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!