Just Enough Inspiration!


Just when I found myself caught in the numerous opened tabs on my laptop, waiting for the coffee to kick in, I stumbled upon these lines in an article:


Part one: Neglect everything else.

Part two: Get disciplined. Learn to rush to your laptop and open it up. Open the file without asking yourself if you’re in the mood, without thinking about anything else. Just open the file: and then you’re safe. Once the words are on the screen, that becomes your distraction.

Of course, it’s not distraction—it’s work, and it’s wonderful when it goes well. I’m sure other, more disciplined people can do it without needing to rush, but I have to. The moment you think okay, it’s work time, and face down the words, you rush past all the other things asking for your attention.

Part three: Keep the Apple homepage, because it’s rather boring. If your homepage is the website of your favorite newspaper, you’ve had it.



Simple, crisp and just enough!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!