Just Like That!


-I-



Maya was cleaning the tea vessels while Prabhakar was resting on the recliner.

"And There Were None" was still in the book pile on her dusted desk.

Curious, as always, he walked over the desk and started going through it's pages. After all it was the book over which they connected.

Page through page he read, he could hear every other conversation they shared; every other argument they had. Pages grew old and they lost their touch; just like that. It was more than hard to catch over a cup of tea, for no specific reason at all.

Still flipping through the pages, he saw a bookmark that read:


Lately, it all has been a mess - a deep mess.

Dishes - undone, wardrobe - unsorted, house - chaos.

Time slipping by - with no explanation whatsoever.

But still, whenever I looked back, I found you.

Whenever I longed for someone to call my own, I talked with you.

When I was struggling to blend in, you embraced me with wide arms.

It was not always that I talked, still you understood.

Somehow you managed to gently uplift all my guards and talked through.

Made me realize that the world is a lot harsher than I used to think, 

Made me believe that it's okay to be me.

I know, we never shared our darkest secrets, never will.

Still, 

You made me comfortable enough to call you over a cup of tea.

I am clueless how things would turn out to be.

Now that no one is around to read our book to me.



Glad he was, that he decided to stop by - just like that. Happy to let go of the ego they always had. All for the one cup of tea and that torn book they always had.


***

(Read Part 2 here!)

(Read Part 3 here!)

(Read Part 4 here!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pink Boots!

Go and Live Your Life They Said!

Don’t know why!